Fireworks are prohibited East of 1600 East throughout North Logan.
We have smoke and carbon monoxide detectors available to anyone who cannot otherwise obtain them. Spread the word and call or stop by the fire station.
The term "Recreational Fire" is the burning of materials other than rubbish with the total fuel area 3 feet or less in diameter and 2 feet or less in height used for pleasure, religious, ceremonial, or cooking purposes. Recreational fires do not require a permit but must be extinguished at the request of fire officials if they are deemed a nuisance.
• Recreational fires shall not be conducted within 25 feet of a structure or combustible materials. Chimeneas and portable fire pits are allowed a closer proximity to combustibles but we ask that they not be placed on wooden or synthetic decking.
• Fire pits shall be lined and are to be kept clean of coals and ashes.
• Water bucket, shovel, and garden hose - or a fire extinguisher with a minimum 4-A rating shall be readily available.
• A person knowledgeable in the use of the fire-extinguishing equipment shall constantly attend recreational fires.
• An attendant that is alert at all times shall supervise a recreational fire until such fire has been completely extinguished.